Blog Load Time

Thank you for your patience while all the wonderful pictures take some time to load.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Today's Daily SPS Inspiration with June - card


  Hi!  This is June Houck with a little Shop Pumpkin Spice inspiration.  Our current challenge is "Dress Up" so I wanted to find a cute die cut image for my card.  I used papers and glossy accents that I purchased at the Pumpkin Spice store.  I love this paper collection by My Mind's Eye.  I have actually ordered it twice :)

For added dimension, I popped up the die cut frame with foam tape.  My bird (dressed as a ghost) also has nice dimension in real life.  That piece literally feels like chipboard; it is glued flat directly on the polka dot paper.

Faux Chipboard Tutorial:  I cut the die cut shadow on black card stock four times, then glued together.  I pieced the rest of the bird, bag, conversation bubble, and costume on top.

Supplies:
papers:  My Mind's Eye Blackbird "Argyle" (orange linen); "Costumes" (black polka dot); "Halloween Words" (green linen);  Card stock Accessories sheet (die cut frame); Bazzill Honey Dotted Swiss (yellow legs); black card stock; white card stock
Cricut cartridge:  3 Birds on Parade p.39 cut @ 2"
glossy accents
black fine tip marker (sentiment)

Happy Tuesday!  June

5 comments:

LuvScrappingTogether said...

So cute, June!! I love this paper, too! ~Hugs

snappy scrappy said...

Adorable!!

Sherrie K. said...

June, what an ADORABLE card!! Super, super cute! Love the way you framed out your darling ghost and love the spider web!
Fantastic card!
Sherrie K

Kard Queen said...

This is a spook-tacular card. Love the spiderweb background effect.

2muchpaper said...

What a colorful and whimsical card.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words make me smile! Hugs, Denine