Blog Load Time

Thank you for your patience while all the wonderful pictures take some time to load.

Friday, October 5, 2012

Sympathy Card - Carta Bella Traditions

Hello Everyone,

It is FRIDAY!!! I was so ready to have this week come to a close... wowzers what a week.  It is hard to believe sometimes that a week really is only 7 days of our life... because it can certainly feel like much longer.

I am sharing a Sympathy card I made for my brother.  He lost his father this week (my ex-step father). 

This may seem a little more cheerful than sympathetic but when I saw this new paper from the Carta Bella Traditions collection, it spoke to me.

I just loved how it encourages the happy thoughts and cherished memories.  So, I thought he would love it!




My brother has been so incredibly strong during his fathers last few years battling Cancer, 1st lung then stomach, Alzheimer disease, liver failure and a stoke.  He was a fighter, as my brother said, " if you described dad with one word, it would be Persistent".

With all the preparation in the world, you can still never be fully ready when a loved one passes on.

Although, I am the older one, he has taught me so much in the art of forgiveness, determination, courage and strength.

Well, my fellow crafting buddies, have a fabulous weekend and if you get a chance, visit tomorrow for the ShopPumpkinSpice design team blog hop.  Theme: Halloween - I am sure you will find some amazing inspiration for your crafting weekend from these very talented ladies.  I know I always do!

Oh... Happy World Card Making Day - tomorrow too!! See... it is manditory to craft tomorrow.  Tell your spouse or loved ones.. 'but it is mandatory to cut paper on this day of the year." hehehe

Hugs,

3 comments:

June Houck said...

Wonderful, Denine! When my father passed away a few years ago, my favorite cards that I received were the bright and happier sympathy cards from my crafty friends. Bold pretty colors (like yours) and butterflies, doilies, etc. They made me smile instead of cry, KWIM? I love how you described your brother; I feel the same way about one of my half-sisters (the one that is 7 years younger than I.) He is lucky to have you too.

DIANA L. said...

This is really a cheery sympathy card. I'm sure your brother will feel your compassion and love. Sorry to hear of your loss.Hugs,
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Missy said...

Your card is lovely Denine, the paper you used is really nice. I'm sorry to hear of the loss for your family!!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words make me smile! Hugs, Denine